Listed below are the steps necessary for the exportation of Personal Items
- Collect Tally Sheet and Dispatch Form from airline and complete both
- Prepare Export Entry (Form C82). Affix $5 worth of stamps to the Entry
- Submit forms in 1 and 2 above to the Customs Officer for processing
- Proceed to cashier for payment of Processing Fee
- Return Export Entry to Customs Officer and collect customer’s copies of Export Entry, Tally sheet and Dispatch Form
- Exporter takes goods to airlines warehouse for weighing, security checks and payment of airline fees
- Collect dock receipt from shipping agent
- Prepare 4 copies of list of items to be exported
- Prepare Export Entry
- Submit items 1 to 3 to the Customs Officer for processing, along with permits (if necessary)
- Proceed to Cashier for payment of Processing Fee
NB The exporter must register with JAMPRO if personal items are being exported on a regular basis.
The services of a licensed Customs Broker can be procured, if the exporter is unfamiliar with the export process.