Frequently Asked Questions. - General Questions

 A TCC is needed for the clearance of all commercial goods and motor vehicles. This may be applied for through the Tax Administration Jamaica.

Yes. Persons, who are clearing barrel on behalf of a consignee, must present an authorization letter, signed and stamped by a justice of the Peace (JP).

The consignee’s Tax Registration Number (TRN card and valid passport must be presented to the Customs Official. (All photocopies must be signed and stamped by a JP).

Barrels containing personal effects attract a flat rate of JMD$6,500.00.

About us

Mission Statement
To facilitate trade, protect our borders, optimise revenue collection, through collaborative border management and delivery of high quality customer services and to develop and maintain a team of motivated professional and competent staff.


Jamaica Customs Agency

Customs House
Myers Wharf,
Newport East, Kingston 15
Phone: 876 922 5140-8 | 922 8770-3

Corporate Office
2-4 King Street, Kingston
Phone: 876 948 5151

Opening Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm

Follow Us      Twitter   Twitter