Frequently Asked Questions. - Motor Vehicle Importation

All imported goods with a CIF (Cost Insurance Freight) value of US$5000 or commercial declarations, motor vehicles and firearms must be cleared by a licensed Customs Broker.

You will need to obtain the following documents before importation is done:

  • Import Licence
  • Title
  • Bill of Lading/Order
  • Invoice
  • Bill of Sight
  • Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)
  • E-sad document(Prepared by a licensed Customs Broker)

The Ministry of Finance and Public Service is the authority through which concessions are granted, once the applicant is eligible.

Concessionary rates of duty on vehicles are usually given in special circumstances, for   example, when the importer holds a job or position which entitles him to a concessionary rate of duty on the importation of a motor vehicle. People who qualify include farmers, senior teachers and government travelling officers, public transportation operators, transport operators in the Tourism Sector.

Yes. You must first apply to the Trade Board for an Import License and receive same before making arrangements for the shipping of the vehicle to Jamaica.

About us

Mission Statement
To facilitate trade, protect our borders, optimise revenue collection, through collaborative border management and delivery of high quality customer services and to develop and maintain a team of motivated professional and competent staff.


Jamaica Customs Agency

Customs House
Myers Wharf,
Newport East, Kingston 15
Phone: 876 922 5140-8 | 922 8770-3

Corporate Office
2-4 King Street, Kingston
Phone: 876 948 5151

Opening Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm

Follow Us      Twitter   Twitter