The incumbent is responsible for the processing of Refunds/Drawback claims, prepares lodgement summaries and monitors the Bad Cheques control register.
- Certifies Payment Vouchers.
- Processes Refunds/Drawback.
- Monitors bad cheque control register.
- Monitors short collection and prepare reports.
- Maintains payment and receipts Cash Books.
- Performs the function of Certifying Officer.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the Payment Vouchers.
- Prepares statements of weekly and monthly refund.
- Prepares daily lodgement summary.
- Conducts checks and verifications for the accuracy of any Cash Sheet on monthly statements prepared manually.
- Maintains the CNCRS and CRS daily Cashier/Collections Officer Reports.
- Journalises all manual transactions.
- Verifies the receipt of all entries (Receipts) and records any missing items.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Office Environment.
- Travels to all customs operational locations where collections are carried out to assess compliance with required standards and protocols.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- High detail orientation and accuracy.
- High analytical and judgment skills.
- High stress tolerance.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Strong information and task monitoring skills.
- Expert knowledge of laws and regulations governing public sector accounting principles and practices, including the FAA Act.
- Working knowledge of Jamaica Customs Agency’s business activities.
- Working knowledge of the Customs Act and Regulations.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer system and their applications.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- First degree in Accounting or Management with Accounting major or equivalent qualification with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience in an accounting environment working with budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and providing financial advice; OR,
- AAT Level 3/ACCA Level 1, with at least eight (8) years’ relevant experience in an accounting environment working with budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and providing financial advice; OR,
- Diploma in Government Accounting (MIND Level 3) with at least twelve (12) years’ relevant experience in an accounting environment working with budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and providing financial advice.
- Supervisory Management training and/or experience.
- Experience in the application of the Customs Act and related legislation.
- Specialized knowledge and training in Customs Administration.
Applications, including résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, December 6, 2019 to:
Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Development
Jamaica Customs Agency,
2-4 King Street, Kingston
Please note that responses will be sent to short-listed applicants only.